Friday 27 April 2012

Q Gallery Interview

This is hopefully the first interview of many and we are starting with the wonderful Joyce McGlone.

Joyce owns the Q (Queens) Gallery in Dundee. Situated: 160 Nethergate, Dundee, DD1 4DU.

As part of my college course we had to go and do hot spot visits and Joyce was first on my list.

When I arrived there the gallery was all upside down as Joyce was getting ready for a new exhibition.

Before the Interview I looked around the gallery and it has two floors and a stunning choice of art work.

After a quick look around I nervously asked some questions.

Q. First up was whether she herself was an artist?

A. Yes I used to be a painter but never professionally. I would never hang my own art in the gallery for instance.

Q. Why did you choose to have a gallery?

A. Well, simply I love art! And I wanted to showcase all kinds of different art.

Q. Why did you choose this section of Dundee?

A. Well I had looked quite a few places but I just knew that this would be the up coming section for the creative arts. So I went for it. And I am proud to say that I have been here since 1999 and
That the gallery is just booming!

Well after such a feel good interview I couldn't help but get excited about this wonderful city even more!

Last but by no means least,

THANK YOU! To Joyce McGlone. For
Having faith in Dundee and for helping make it a creative capital!

No comments:

Post a Comment